Sunday, January 10, 2010

Starry starry night


O.K, so this week's design host, Sandi, on the Play Date Cafe Challenge #11, wanted us to add some glitz to our design with gold and silver, with black and white thrown in. It's strange that I've never thought of this combination before. Again, going back to the whole "less is more", which I seriously need to work on!! It's amazing what results these 4 colours can create. For some reason, I thought of the night sky with all its twinkly stars. This is my representation for the challenge.....





Ideally, if I had all the right tools and supplies, I would have loved to do some gold embossing on the black. Got to love that combo!!! But for now, I have to be content with my sparkly gold paper!!! Can't wait for my SU supplies to arrive next week!! I should be able to create some lovely effects with color pencils. Till then, Namaste!!!

2 comments:

  1. It is lovely, oh that gold paper, I am so glad you enjoyed working with the colors, thanks so much for challenging with us this week at the Play Date Cafe. Namaste to you also, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been someone's first follower before.
    Love the card you have done for the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete