Thursday, January 28, 2010

Stamping Marathon!!

Yup, I definitely had the stamping bug yesterday. I sat down to tackle one challenge and ended up creating 3 cards. I actually forgot to watch 'American Idol' (which I never ever do!!), but my wonderful husband remembered to record it for me. I can't believe how much television I've given up since I've started stamping and card making. It is truly such a therapeutic experience for me, and I love how each card emerges gradually while I'm playing around with my supplies.

This first one is for the Color Q Challenge #17, and I used the sketch from the Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge #30.



I would love to do another one, combining both challenges and do a little more stamping. Depends on how much time I have.

The next two are for 2 Sketches 4 You (Laura's Sketch 44). I really enjoyed this simple sketch. I'm still waiting to buy a great die-cutting machine, so I can get those scalloped circles and ovals. I have a feeling I might add those to all my cards, once I'm able to make them!! They're so pretty and give the card such character.





I recently purchased a butterfly punch and I'm a little obsessed with it, since all my recent cards seem to have at least one butterfly on them!! Yes, I'd promised myself not to purchase anymore stamping supplies but I happened to be at JoAnn's the other day, and I caved in. Bought myself some gorgeous card stock as well, which I've used in all 3 cards above.

Need to start working on cards for my son's class soon. Don't want to overwhelm the kids with too much candy. Thinking I might throw in some cute stickers they could use in the gift bag. Well, I'm off to attack my other challenges....and use the butterfly punch again:). Namaste!!!

6 comments:

  1. Your cards look great Hun & yeah, who can resist having a spend up in Lss huh!

    Hugz

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Thanks for joining us this week at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a striking card! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cards! Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love your interpretation of the sketch; you really rocked it! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bunch of fantastic cards! Your colourQ entry is terrific - thanks so much for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete