Thursday, January 21, 2010

From mundane to marvelous!

So when I saw the picture of the TV stand on Everything But the Kitchen Sink Sketch Challenge 3, I really wasn't sure where designer Lynnette was headed. But then looking at the actual sketch, I realised what a cool way to be inspired! I'm going to be looking at my microwave oven in a whole new light from now on!!!


Here's my take on the sketch.


I will admit that I'm not too thrilled about the dullness of the photo, but if you take a closer look  you'll notice that the card stock is really pretty. The butterfly stamp, sentiment and decorative punch are all SU acquisitions, which I loved using. At the moment, I'm quite content with tracing and cutting out the heart, but I know that soon I will be yearning for a die-cutting machine. Saving up for that big but absolutely necessary purchase!! Since I used the punches, I'm entering this card in Creative Card Crew: Challenge 43 (Punch It!).

I really need to get more card stock. Every time I run over to Target, I'm glancing at all the supplies they have in the scrap booking section, and it's so hard not pick up a little something. I have to resist, I have to resist!!! Anyway, this month is almost over, which means I can order more stuff from SU and other websites soon. Can hardly wait!!! Yup, I'm a husband's nightmare right now! Except, he can't help but smile at my creations, and feel proud of me (Awwwww!!). Got to finish another card for a birthday tomorrow. G'night and Namaste!

5 comments:

  1. I really like what you've done with that new SU! boarder punch! I'll have to give it a try. Any hints on how you got it so precise? I'm sure the paper is lovely. Infact I have that flower paper in the bottom left....and love the little hint of gold in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card. I like the vintage look you gave to the card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the colors! Thank you for playing with us in the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete