Saturday, January 23, 2010

Oh, ribbon, where art thou???

If I don't get some ribbon by the end of next week, I'm seriously staging a protest!! I don't think anyone at home would really care. My husband thinks I have way too much stuff on the craft table anyway. It is a mess right now, I must confess, but I call it "the creativity in chaos" zone (You're allowed to laugh at that!!). My older son might actually be quite thrilled with the ribbon, since he can practice his scissor skills on them. Well, the bottom line is that I'd better get to some place quick and buy me some ribbon!

My card today is for the 2 Sketches 4 You Challenge (Kazan's Sketch 44). I really loved all the cards created by the 2S4Y Design Team. I thought I would try a new technique called "crayon resist", which you can learn more about on Stamp TV with Gina K. Designs. This card qualifies for the Blast From the Past Challenge stvbpss07 as well. 



I really enjoyed trying out this technique. I'm not sure if you can tell the braiding in the ribbon on the left of the flowers. I thought I would try something new. I really like how the brads pop on the flowers. Which reminds me that I need a paper piercer as well, because I always end up with sore fingers from using the end of a pair of scissors!! Another item on the wish list...sigh! 

I had the pleasure of giving a friend one of my cards for her birthday yesterday, and it was truly heartwarming to see the expression on her face. She was really impressed with the fact that I had taken the time to actually make it. And just that look on her face and her smile was so rewarding. Well, fellow stampers, keep stamping and keep inspiring me. And thanks again for taking the time to visit my blog. Namaste!! 

1 comment: