Thursday, January 14, 2010

Less is more!!!

I have made it my resolution this year that I will simplify my life. And that includes my perspective on card-making and stamping as well. I usually have a tendency to fill up any space left on a card, which ends up looking like a colour stampede on paper. Not always a pretty sight!! Well, after creating approximately 50 cards or so, I can finally say that I have achieved my goal with the card below!! The card I've created qualifies for 5 different challenges....I know!!!! This is really my first attempt at being able to combine so many criteria on one card, but I must say that I'm quite proud of the end result. So here's my card, followed by the different challenges it's linked to...


Don't you just love the little froggy? Anyway, the first challenge was a birthday card for the Crazy for Challenges (C4C19).


The next one is the Just Us Girls #15 - A Technique Challenge, which required me to add stitching to my project. Well, I'm hoping the three buttons stitched on counts!!!

The Tuesday Morning Sketches #28 required me to use buttons AND bows on my card.

The Color Q Challenge #15 had a beautiful set of colours to play with, and this challenge was actually what I initially began working on. The palette was Basic Gray, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie and plain ol' white. I think the colours are pretty close to what was expected.

Finally, I'm pretty confident this card qualifies for the challenge at Our Creative Corner, which was to make something 3D.

Well, I need to get back to working on some more challenges!!! Still waiting on my SU supplies and getting a little antsy, but I know they should be here by the end of the week. Believe me, stamping isn't just about patience and dedication, but being money savvy as well. It's allowing me to use my creativity with the few tools that I have, while rewarding me with my new buys gradually. Now if I won the lottery tomorrow, would I spend it all on stamping supplies? One never knows:) Good night for now and Namaste!


5 comments:

  1. Very sweet card! Love the stitched on buttons! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls technique challenge! Hope to see you Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I like your approach to simplicity.

    Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable take on simplicity! Love it!

    Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love it's simplicity.

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    Sassytjw - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card - love that image & the circle ina acircle layout... those buttons really add so much!!! Thanks so much for playing along with the colourQ, Meghana!

    ReplyDelete