Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's day!!

I woke up to find my husband standing by the bed, waiting to give me a card. I realised that I hadn't really thought of giving him one in return and then figured that I had all these Valentine themed cards sitting on my craft table. Every time, he would see my new creation, he would ask, "Is this one for me?". They're all for you, my darling!! They're all for you!!

I attended the stamp camp with Marci Cyphert, a SU demonstrator, and it was so much fun. Firstly, she has a home that makes you want to just stand there and go, "Awwwww!!". And then, her bubbly personality coupled with that of all the other wonderful ladies, makes me want another hour of card making with her! We made some Easter themed cards. I left out the sentiments on some of them, since I figured I could use the cards for other occasions as well. We also made this really cute milk carton using the die-cutting machine and decorated it with an embossed chocolate bunny image. So cute!!!!! 



I have two cards to show you in this blog. One is for the Crafty Creations Challenge #54 (Friends). I used my Gina K. stamp from the "Framed Friends" stamp set by Asela Hopkins. It has a really sweet sentiment that goes with it. The DP is from my scrap-booking stash and the ribbon is from Gina K. as well. I used my blender pens and water colour crayons from Stampin' Up. I still have to work on my shading and colouring though!



The second card is for the ABC Challenge - N is for New. I used the stamp from my newly acquired stamp prize from Gina K. The collection is "Lovely Shelf" stamp set by Nina Brackett. The DP is from a collection called La Creme Stack by DCWV, available at JoAnn, the ribbon from Gina K. and the sentiment from my Stampin' Up collection.


My son is off from school tomorrow AGAIN!! I have to figure out how to entertain him. We do have a card to make for his friend's birthday coming up on Friday. Maybe that'll keep him occupied for an hour at least. And then a couple of games of Chutes and Ladders and several books.....I'll figure something out tomorrow. 

Tomorrow is the hub's big 4-0!!! I've been working on a card with my son but need to finish it. I found a really great photograph which is on the front of the card. And then next week is our 11th year anniversary. How time flies!!! Need to work on a card for that. Nothing from my stash seems perfect enough, but I know he'll love even a post-it with a licked on sticker!!! Will post images of the cards soon. Till then, Namaste!!

4 comments:

  1. your card is wonderful!
    thanks for joining us on crafty creations this week for our Friends challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along in our Crafty Creations Challenge - "Friends" Great doggy image!Cheers Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects. The image is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge.
    Magda x

    ReplyDelete