Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Summer's round the corner!!

Today's outing to the zoo with my two boys was such a success. We rode the bus with a bunch of other noisy preschoolers and their parents. The weather was perfect. I didn't lose any kids. They actually ate some lunch without dropping most of it on the ground. And we didn't have any major accidents (including leaky poopy diapers!!). All in all, it was a great day and we were all happily exhausted when we got back home.

I decided to make my own paper for Crafty Creations Challenge #65. I liked what I'd created and didn't feel like adding another layer of card stock, since it would have covered up most of the pattern.


I used a technique called "Crayon Resist"; something I learned from the Stamp TV website. The crayon was a little too thick, which is why you can't see to much of the effect on the wings of the dragonflies. I decided to add the sentiments and went a little crazy with it:) Anyway, not bad for a 30 minute card!!

Here are the other challenges I'm entering the card for:

1. Pile It On Challenge #17: Boyish Colours
2. ABC Challenge: T is for "Thank you!"
3. Lili of the Valley Challenge #52: Here comes summer

Tomorrow's the Mother's Day tea party at my son's preschool. The kids have been practicing their songs for weeks and I'm sure it's going to get me all teary-eyed. Better get my camera ready to capture some precious moments!! Namaste!

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely! The dragonflies are gorgeous - great job! Thanks so much for joining us at PIO. We appreciate your participation and hope to see you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meghana, Beautiful card and gorgeous colours. I love those Dragonflies too. Thanks for joining us at ABC.
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for Piling It On this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stamp work.
    Thanks for joining in at the ABC Challenge this time.
    Hugs
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Thanks for Piling it on with us this week! Hope to see you next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the images that you have chosen for this, fab colours too, thanks for joining us at LOTV this time big hugs pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this time. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete