Monday, March 1, 2010

Card Patterns Blog Hop

I picked up some accessories from Target today and was thrilled that I could use them on this card. My creation is based on the Card Patterns Sketch 53




I really enjoyed using my machine to sew all the panels and pieces. The colours are a little sedate but I love the way the flower pops against it. And the sentiment, which is an epoxy sticker, seemed perfect. I really enjoyed following this sketch, and might do another one with completely different colours. All that stitching reminds me that I have to go buy fabric to make valences for my family room asap!!!! 

Card Ingredients:
Paper: Ancestory.com- Marcella by K
Accessories: Paper blossoms by hul.la.ba.loo; Epoxy sticker  by Colorbok; sewing machine; rhinestone from stash.

Well, keeping this short and sweet. Hope you all had a great weekend. Namaste!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow I love your take on the CP sketch.......all the stitching looks lovely......I guess I'll also make another one with some stitching with this week's CP sketch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours - so romantic. The paper looks like fabric loads of texture.
    All that stitching looks fab too - must have taken ages. Reminds me how much I want to get a little sewing machine for my paper crafts.
    Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! I love the stitching and muted colors. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It`s very beautiful card! I love this color combo)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job stitching everything together like that. It's a lovely card.
    Sandra :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a very elegant looking card! That stitching work is just awesome...and that bloom is just the perfect accent! :)

    ReplyDelete